Tuesday, May 17, 2011

a room with a view



I've spent the last two days flat in bed in my New York hotel room. I'm not sure what's going on this year, but we've spent a good portion of this year sick. And this one was a doozy.



On Saturday, the ICFF show opened and things were going well. We had a lot of people coming to see us and really interested in our line. The ICFF show is quite a bit more sophisticated than our other shows and the attendees were quite a bit more sophisticated as well. It was a bit exhilarating if I do say so.



And then I started to feel nauseated. I should back up by saying I've felt nauseated off and on for a couple of weeks starting back on our St Simons trip (and NO I'm not pregnant). Last Thursday, I landed at JFK and got into my cab to go to my hotel and my cab driver had bad body odor. REALLY bad body odor. And it made me sick. I had to roll down my windows and then when the cab driver rolled the windows up when we went onto the freeway, I pulled out my Burts Bees lip balm and rubbed some under my nose.



So back to Saturday, I was feeling sick but had to keep a smiling face as I talked to people about Vellum and finish options. Until I couldn't smile anymore. I made a mad dash to the bathroom and lost my breakfast...which is so lovely in a public bathroom. After three more of those trips, I decided to go back to my hotel room and that's where I've been for the past few days.



There's nothing worse than being sick in a hotel. OK, there are a lot of worse things, but I really, really hate being sick away from home and by myself. I needed Tony or my mom or someone to go buy some soup or water or something. Or just to keep me company so I didn't go crazy.


Two days later, I'm feeling better. I'm off to the show...



At least I have a beautiful view from my hotel room huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment