Tuesday, February 7, 2017

how old are you?


This is just a quiet little post that I'm not going to share anywhere because, well, it's a bit embarrassing.  But it's something that I am serious enough about that I am going to go public.  Yes, it's not the first time I've made a similar declaration, but does repetition do any harm?

Several months ago, I had this conversation with my son Ryan.

Ryan:  Mom, how old are you?

Me:  50

Ryan:  Wow that's really old.  Is that why you're kinda fat?


I know right?  Painful.  Both the 50 and the fat part.  And while there really isn't anything I can do about the age thing, I can do something about the fat thing.  And so I am.

My sister and I declared about a week and a half ago that it is time.  Time to start exercising.  Time to start eating healthy.  Time to start losing weight. So a week and a half later, we have gone to the gym together a record-breaking FIVE times. We've also worked out a bit on our own.  We're trying to eat healthy each day (yes, we've slipped a bit, but we've gotten back up).

I've lost 2.5 pounds in a week and a half.  I'm hoping to keep that downward trend going until I hit my goal weight which is an additional 21 pounds away.

So there you have it people.  
I'm old and fat.
But not for long.
By the time Ryan is released from time out, 
I should hit my goal weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment