Saturday, March 13, 2010

happy birthday mom!

Thought I'd do a pictorial tribute to my charming mother...happy birthday mom. You are seriously the BEST mom we could ever ask for. Here are some of my favorite pics of my mom...in no particular order.


Mom and Tony on our wedding day. Below is mom with a little Peruvian baby when we did newborn training with the women from the local village. Children love mom as much as she loves them.
Almost every year we run the Race for the Cure for mom - Brian, Rei, Janelle, me, Trent.
Mom in her day job - Children's Librarian. Can you see her red rudolph nose and antlers?
Mom likes to surprise the grandkids and fly out on Halloween. A few years back, she was the Snow Princess.
Building sandcastles in So. Cal with Brixen, Sienna and Jack.
My personal favorite, mom and dad at Racquel's graduation (double masters degrees!). To be fair, we were about 2 hours early, but really, this is a Ken and Carolyn classic.
Mom and Dad with Grandma Mano. Three of my favorite people.
More favorite people...Mom with Grandpa Inouye and her siblings - Jay, Ron, Vicki, Gerry, Grandpa, Mom, Donna.
I grew up with mom making wedding cakes. She's officially retired now, but still does cakes for the nieces and nephews (Mary Ann's cake).

Last, but not least, mom and Auntie Gerry rockin out. This pretty much says it all. I have the funnest, coolest mom. She is talented, loved by SO many and amazing in more ways that I could ever say. I LOVE YOU MOM!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss my friend, Carolyn. She's so beautiful inside and out. Thank you for sharing her in this birthday blog. And please, tell her Happy Birthday for me!...larrie christensen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog, Nat! Add to your Podcast list: NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!" Hilarious! Gets me through workouts.

    ReplyDelete