Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Feliz Navidad from Elder Adril Garcia Perez!


One of the best things about Christmas and Mothers Day is we get to talk to Adril!  I count this as an extra special blessing since I'm really not his mama.  But his Mission President is apparently a very compassionate man who allows us these tender blessings.

My cousin Joy came over and we conferenced with both Adril and Tammy Olsen (who adopted Jason and Joel for those familiar with the children at the Sunflower).  It was GREAT talking with everyone!  Tammy was able to translate for us too.

Jason is 16 years old and even though we just chatted a bit, I can tell he is all grown up!  I didn't tell Adril that the Olsen's were going to be on the call so it was a really fun surprise for him to talk to them.

Adril is, as you would guess, a fabulous missionary.  He loves being a missionary and he loves serving others.  He said he's had a few difficult times.  One that I know of was just a month or so ago when they had a baptism goal of 5 in the month and fell short of that goal.  It was a disappointing time for him.  But as everyone who has served an LDS mission knows, disappointment is part of the experience and it certainly helps you grow and prepare for life.

My heart was full as we talked to him.  My eyes filled with tears as we told him how proud we were of him and how much we loved him.

Later that evening, Tony and I were driving south to a family birthday party and talking about Adril and what a good missionary he is.  I told Tony that next to whatever we do for our children, helping Adril serve a mission is the best thing we will ever do in our lives.

There are so many people who have helped Adril (and the other Sunflower children) and he wanted to tell each of you thank you and Felix Navidad! 

If you have an extra Christmas card, I know a missionary who would LOVE to receive it - even if it's several weeks late!  So here's his address - he'd love to hear from you!

Elder Adril Garcia Perez
Mision Peru - Lima Oeste
carlos salarerry #3664-los olivos
casilla de correo 39-054
lima 39
perú


His email address:  Adril Garcia:  adril.garcia@myldsmail.net

2 comments: