Thursday, December 13, 2012

on location

Last week I was on location at a photo shoot.  That sounds a bit more glamourous than it was, although we did have a plethora of goodies on the set including pumpkin spice donuts.  In actuality, it is a very exhausting few days with a lot of standing, sitting, waiting, collaberating.

But the truth be told, I LOVE photo shoots.  Because we're not organized enough to plan out each and every shot, we have to come up with ideas and edits spur of the moment.  And it taxes what little creativity I have in my mind these days.

It helps that we had a fabulous mid-century modern home to shoot in.  It helps that we have fabulous furniture (I'm biased of course).  It helps that I have a fabulous set merchandiser to help make each shot beautiful. 

Here is a sneak peek of one of my favorite shots.


It was rough being away from home during December, but it had to be done.  Ryan got sick the night I left which always makes me feel like Mother of the Year.  And then Tony told me that Ryan was crying a lot this week and saying "want find mommy".  It broke my heart to hear that.

But unless plans change, I think I'm home for the rest of the year.  There is a slight possibility I might need to go to NY next week, but it's looking like I'm home for the holidays.  And you know what they say, there's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment