Thursday, January 3, 2013

kale chips


I know I'm probably the last person on earth to jump on the kale bandwagon, but that's my style.  I made kale chips yesterday and I'm hooked.  More than a sweet tooth, I have a salty tooth.  These satisfy that craving for all things crunchy and salty. 

I tried a recipe from Tastefully Julie's website and click here for the Kale Chips link.  But basically, you just get kale (Tony picked up a package of organic baby kale), wash it, dry it thoroughly, add a tablespoon of olive oil to the kale in a ziploc bag, shake, shake, shake, lay it out on a cookie sheet and sprinkle some sea salt and bake for 20 minutes at 300.

Tastefully Julie's recipe has a lot more detail and hints so definitely check her site.  Plus, she has a nice printable recipe.  The picture above is from her site - she used the curly kind, but mine were flat because they were baby kale.  I'd heed her advice on using just a touch of salt though - mine were way too salty.

But I still LOVE them and love that I've found an easy and healthy snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment