Tuesday, July 20, 2010

why I now keep an old t-shirt in my car with me...

(caution: this is a posting about throwing up)

I can't remember if I've mentioned this yet, but the nausea subsided around the sixth month, but the vomiting didn't. Basically, I am now bulemic. I can pretty much eat most anything, but at 32 weeks into the pregnancy, I still throw up about 3 times a week. But as long as the nausea is gone, I can totally handle throwing up. Or so I thought...

A few weeks ago, I was on my every-other-week trip in High Point, NC in my red hot Dodge Charger (rental car - not my color or car of choice). I had a nice breakfast of my usual cornflakes and strawberries and was on my way to work. I do need to mention that 100% of my vomiting has taken place after 4pm or so. And, I have made it to the bathroom (or kitchen sink on 2 occasions) everytime.

But for some crazy reason, at 8:45 am, without any nausea or warning whatsoever, I threw up...while driving to the office. I was about a 1/2 mile from the next intersection and I HELD IT IN MY MOUTH while looking around desperately for a solution to my predicament. No cups, no napkins, nothing within arms distance except for a t-shirt I brought with me with wishful thinking I might go work out at the gym.

So I grabbed the tshirt (remember the Old Navy $5 summer specials?) and out it came. Nasty.

On the way to work, I had to stop at the printer to pick up a proof. I'm standing at the counter while the woman is getting my proof for me and absent mindedly touch my chin. I feel dried vomit stuck to my chin.

Needless to say, it was a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment