Friday, August 19, 2011

first steps...





It's always hard being away from home, but this time I was SO afraid I was going to miss Ryan's first steps. I kept telling Tony to make sure Ryan DIDN'T take his first steps while I was in New York. He was to do whatever it took - duct tape wasn't beyond the realm of possibilities.


And if by chance, Ryan did take those first few steps, Tony wasn't, under any circumstances, to tell me about it. I didn't want to know I missed another first - especially this one.


So yesterday afternoon I arrived back home. We went straight over to pick him up and I spent several hours just playing with him. And a few hours after I was home, he did took his first steps! Yes, he's holding onto the strings from the blinds, but we'll take it.


I love the look he gives the camera just before he falls so gracefully backward...

1 comment: