Tuesday, August 30, 2011

three years and counting


Tony and I celebrated our anniversary at La Caille this past weekend. When the waitress surprised us with chocolate covered strawberries with a sparkler in it, the neighboring table offered their congratulations and asked us how many years we've been married.



When I replied "three", I thought that couldn't be right. It had to be more than three! Wasn't it more like nine or ten? But I quickly calculated 2011 minus 2008 and yes, that was indeed three. Not that it seems like three years = forever, but honestly....I can hardly remember my life before Tony.




We sat on the patio and enjoyed one of Utah's lovely summer nights. And as we were chatting, Tony said somewhat non-chalantly, "I've been meaning to ask if you want to start on the adoption process."




I looked over at my husband of three years and I kid you not. My heart melted. Earlier that day at the farmer's market, we saw three little Asian girls. Tony saw them, called my name and I could see the look in his eyes. He was smitten.




So with the morning's memory fresh on my mind, I replied, "Are you ready? You know our little girl will have you wrapped around her little finger." Tony said he didn't think it would be any more than Ryan having his daddy wrapped around his little chubby fingers, but I know better.




So I guess this is it. The beginning of another adventure...

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww - many congrats on the anniversary and the adoption adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Seems like we haven't seen you guys for a long time. Lots of things to find out about on your blog. :) Hope you had a great time in Pleasanton. We were wishing we had gone too.

    ReplyDelete