Friday, September 9, 2011

there's no place like home





We just returned from visiting my parents in California. We flew to CA last Thursday night. Friday morning, my parents went to the gym early (I was tried to go but was uninvited) and while they were gone, my sister Melissa (who lives in Hawaii) called on their home phone. Our conversation went something like this:



Miss: I thought I called mom and dad...did I call your phone by accident?

Me: Nope...I'm at mom and dad's.


Miss: I didn't know you were going home - when did you get there?

Me: We got here last night.



Miss: What are you doing today?

Me: We're headed to the beach.




And then my sister - did I mention she lives in Hawaii? - walks into my mom and dad's kitchen!



I was totally shocked and frankly, a bit confused. We were still talking on the phone so I can hear her on the phone and then I see her in the kitchen. I jumped up and hugged her and started crying.

So Day 1? pretty darn fun. We headed to Santa Cruz for Ryan's first real beach experience. It was a tad bit on the cold side, but so, so fun.



Thanks for the fun surprise Auntie Melissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment