Sunday, April 29, 2012

Happy Easter

Since I took down my Easter decor yesterday (and when I say "Easter decor" I really mean the darling two bunnies that my mom gave to me during her visit here), I thought it was time for an Easter posting.  I generally try to keep my postings in the same month, but I generally fail at this.

We had the great annual Mano Family Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday.  We got up early, had a few practice runs around the house and when I was satisfied that Ryan could compete with his well-experienced Mano cousins, we put all our eggs in the basket and waited for the event.

True to tradition, we started off with the first hunt for the little ones.  Ryan did respectably well, gathering all his eggs with a little help from his mama.  Too bad for him that his mama doesn't let him have candy yet, but luckly Auntie Linda filled several with our favorite crackers!

I love this picture of Darin and little Samantha.  I love the serious little face of hers juxtaposed to Darin's well, umm, goofy one.  Samantha will bejoining the competition next year!

Next up was the big people egg hunt.  I missed the video of the start when all the teenagers and adults take off at neck-breaking speed in search of the golden eggs.  But I did get plenty of pictures of a cute little boy.

So, although it's a bit (ahem) late, Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment