Wednesday, April 4, 2012

warning: insomnia induced blog posting

It's 5:26 am, but I've actually been up since 3:32 am. I know that because I woke with a start from a disturbing dream and looked at my clock by my bed.

After tossing and turning for an eternity, I decided to get up and get some of those thoughts that have been whirling in my mind for the past two hours down on paper.

First off, where did March go? March was pretty much a blur as it whizzed by. A quick re-cap with a possibility of further elaboration at a later date:

First week: lovely vacation to Oceanside, CA in a condo a short walk from the beach to celebrate Tony's birthday week (yes, week!).

Second week: Mom came a couple of days after we got home and stayed for her big 70th birthday AND my new little niece (Gary and Racquel's daughter) was born on Friday, March 16th.

Third week: A quick trip to my home away from home, High Point, NC. The HP Market is coming up in April and we are launching a new branding campaign and new catalog for our new company, Mr. Brown.

Fourth week: Back at home, but this time, with a lovely new deck!

Oh and a couple of other honorable mentions: We sent in our adoption application and were approved! A flurry of paperwork has already begun! We started working on another business development and met with several different consultants. And did I mention our new Mr. Brown catalog? We put that together in a record month's time - complete with new logo, concept and Mr. Brown branding.

So that, in a nutshell is my March. No wonder I can't sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the adoption process!! It is so worth every bit of paperwork!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun month! I have missed seeing you a church. Hope the adoption goes smoothly and quickly, and that there is a new little Smart in your home in no time!

    ReplyDelete