Friday, June 7, 2013

comfort

Life has felt a bit heavy these past few weeks.  We're still unsure of what our employment / state of residence future holds for us and I'm neck deep in a pile of adoption paperwork.  The uncertainty of life seems so, well, uncertain and at times I find it hard to sleep at night contemplating the possibilities.

And then we had a series of health situations in our family.  My sister had a grapefruit size cyst removed, my brother thought he had shingles, my sister-in-law fell and broke three bones in her foot requiring surgery and then my dad called letting me know that my mom's breast cancer had returned.  Obviously, that was the big one.  It's also the one that has kept me up at night.

It's almost too much for me to think about and for a few days, that's exactly what I tried to do:  not think.  But not thinking is very, very hard to do.  At least without ingesting some type of liquid or pill and I'm not willing to go that far.

Instead, I have been praying a lot.  Praying makes me cry sometimes, but it is the only way I've been able to find peace and comfort.  It does make me realize that life really is in our Heavenly Father's hands.  And if life is in His hands, so are we.  And if we are in His hands, so is my mom.  And THAT, is comforting.

Still, if you feel so inclined to add my mom to your prayers, we would be ever so grateful.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your mom. :( Keep me posted on everything.

    ReplyDelete