Saturday, November 16, 2013

an update

As I mentioned in my last post, we are no longer moving to North Carolina.  It was a sudden change - one day we were packing, getting the house ready to rent and the next day we were unemployed.  Yes, unemployed.  It's been a huge shock to us and the reason I haven't written about it is...well, I really don't know what to write.  I probably shouldn't relate to much except that my boss simply changed his mind.

We had already signed a lease to rent out our SLC home (which luckily we were able to get out of) and were about to sign a lease for a fabulous home in High Point to rent.  I was actually really excited about moving - partly because of the house I found.  It was on an acre lot and had nothing but trees and grass around us.  Well, there were neighbors, but it seemed very remote and country like, except it wasn't.  But that is a moot point at this stage.

So what are we doing?  Looking for jobs.  Because Tony was doing contract work for my company, we are both looking for jobs now.  It's great fun (yes, you read sarcasm in that).

We are surviving and trying to look at the positive.  I will admit that I have had a really hard time.  It's been a tough year because we've had the uncertainty of this relocation hanging over us for almost the entire year.  It has made us push our adoption as fast as we could, it was the reason we had Anna's surgery done as quickly as we did and it was the driving force in many of the decisions we made.  In the past year we have dealt with adoption, a relocation across the country, cancer and now unemployment.  I'm also still battling medical insurance which again, is great fun.

It all means I haven't been sleeping a whole lot.  And it also means that I have to rely a lot on faith, prayer and hope.  Something that I'm not very good at at this moment.  But I'm trying to be.

So stay tuned, because it isn't all bad.  It is the month of giving thanks after all and I have been doing just that.  Plus I have lots of cute pictures of Ryan and Anna to post.  They are becoming great friends (in between all the fights) and it is fun and cute to watch.

So thanks for the love, prayers and support.  It is both needed and appreciated.

Natalie

5 comments:

  1. So sorry Nat. You really have had to deal with just about every stressful thing there is. I will include you in my prayers that the right opportunity will come about soon and it will be even better than what you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Becky...yes, it's been a rough one. Thanks for your prayers!

      Delete
  2. Pulled your blog up to show my daughter here in Virginia pictures of your kids and saw this post. I'll remember you in our prayers but I'm adding "get a job in SLC because I'm really happy you aren't moving. Talk about having an overloaded "bucket," though. Years like the last one are real tests. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...so, when you said that you were not moving to North Carolina, I did not imagine it was because you are now unemployed! That's just crazy! You've worked and given your life to the company for so many years! Will definitely add you guys to our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I love all the pics of Ryan and Anna. So fun to see them growing and learning together!

      Delete