Tuesday, September 11, 2012

3 pounds the hard way

Last week I was in High Point, NC.  It was a long week in both NC and SLC.  On Sunday night, the night before I was supposed to go out of town, I received a text from our sitter saying she's sick and couldn't watch Ryan.

I had the week planned out, hour by hour, in terms of day and evening care for Ryan while Tony worked, but that was the beginning of the unravelling.  After 2 cancelled appointments and Ryan coming home on Wednesday with a fever, the week was shot.

It was so hard to call home and hear reports of Ryan throwing up every 1/2 hour or so.  Tony didn't want to put him in his crib because he was afraid of him throwing up/choking in the night so he put some blankets on the floor in the family room and Tony slept on the sofa.

Ryan was sick on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  I came home about Friday at 1am and promptly joined the sick party.  I was pretty much horizontal Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  The fun stuff started on Sunday and I was leaning over that porcelain god every 1/2 hour or so until Monday at 5am.

Tony started feeling sick on Sunday and for awhile memories of Grandpa Joe and Grandma Josephina sleeping in their bed in the movie Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory swirled around my head while Tony and I napped as much as we could.

What a sight we were.

But this morning, Tuesday morning, we are bright eyed and bushy tailed, whatever that means. 

On a positive note, I lost 3 pounds.  But given the offer of losing another 3 pounds the hard way, I'd rather leave it than take it.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh - that's the worst when the whole family is sick, especially a two year old! My weekend involved house cleaning. Painful as well but better than throwing up I suppose. ;)

    ReplyDelete