Friday, August 30, 2013

Dear Ryan and Anna...

Dear Ryan and Anna,

Daddy and I left on our big adventure a few hours ago.  We are in Seattle and have a 5 hour layover before our flight to Beijing, so what better way to spend my time than write to my two favorite little people.

Ryan - you are such a big boy now!  I think you really understood when Daddy and I told you that we were going to the airport and would be gone for a few days.  I loved our little picnic in our backyard last night and reading books to you on the blanket, looking at the animals in the clouds and listening for birds.  I am very sad whenever I am away from you, but I know you are going to have fun while we are gone.  Remember that mommy and daddy love you very, very much and daddy will be home when you've opened all your presents.

Anna - we are so excited to see you on Monday!  Last night when I was praying, I understood why this adoption process has been so difficult for me.  I think Heavenly Father wanted me to know how much we wanted you to be part of our family.  I had to work really hard to finish all of the paperwork and overcome some of the obstacles we had but I think it was to test how much we wanted you to be part of our family.  But I would do it all again and more just to have you as our daughter.

We dearly love you both,

Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

  1. This is such an exciting post. I am so excited for your family! Anna is one lucky girl. I love reading your updates. Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete