Tuesday, August 20, 2013

so...how are things?

Once in a while someone will ask me how things are going.  And I honestly don't know whether they are referring to the adoption, or renting our home, or my mom or moving to North Carolina.  Yes, we've had a bit going on around here and I keep meaning to post a bunch because there is SO much to write about.  Since I'm flying to NY tonight, here's a quick update:

I was in Las Vegas the last part of July/beginning of August for the furniture market.  The bad news was the show was incredibly slow.  The good news, I flew home on stand-by a day earlier.

We had a Tanaka family reunion.  I should post about my incredible heritage sometime.  My great grandmother was a picture bride from Japan.  She had 8 kids and we still get together every August for a huge family reunion.  There are 5 of the original aunties left and they are all in their high 80's/90's and are amazing.

Ryan turned 3 and we had a birthday party!  Our little boy is growing up.  He's also now potty trained!  I think the day we did our potty training party was the longest day in my life.

We made our travel plans and are headed to China on August 30th.  Tony comes home on Sept 6th and my cousin Joy is going to meet me after Tony comes home and then we fly home with Anna on September 14th!  Thank goodness for frequent flier miles!

I have an AMAZING story about what I believe is a miracle with this adoption - it has made me release all tension, anxiety and stress about this adoption.  Well, maybe not all, but a lot of it.  I definitely will post about this.

Mom finished her last chemo treatment and is having another round of tests/scans next week.  We are fasting and praying that those test results come back with miraculous results - and I do mean miraculous.  She continues to amaze me with her spirit and positive outlook. 

I'm headed to NY for another show and so I'll be lucky if I write again soon.  BUT, I will try to write a few updates before we leave for China and while we're there.

So besides all of that, not much else going on!

2 comments:

  1. I'm tired just reading about everything you've got going on! Good luck with it all. I can't wait to hear all about China. I am so happy your mom is doing so well and we loved living in the South. I think you will too. The people are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your note Becky! We'll do our best to blog from China - it's sure to be an adventure!

    ReplyDelete