Monday, September 13, 2010

enjoy


When I was pregnant, people were always telling me to "enjoy being pregnant." I totally didn't get that. How do you enjoy nausea or throwing up everyday? How do you enjoy swollen feet, insomnia and heartbearn? Not that I'm complaining. I'm really not. But really, how do you enjoy all of that?


I did enjoy feeling little Ryan move inside me. I remember certain movements that seemed really weird to me. Like shaking. I told Tony that I thought our baby was having seizures inside of me. When Ryan was in the NICU, I would spend hours - HOURS - just holding him. He would wiggle and squirm in my arms.


And I would recognize those movements in my arms as very same movements in my tummy just a few weeks ago.


Now that we have Ryan at home, people are once again telling me to "enjoy him", to "enjoy having a newborn", to "enjoy being a mom."


Now THAT, I get.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - your counter on the side has been very helpful for me. It lets me know how many more days until my daughter's birthday. ;) I need to get crackin' - 3 days!!!!

    ReplyDelete