Wednesday, September 15, 2010

make over

Today marks 6 weeks since Ryan was born. It's a magical date in terms of my recovery from the C-Section.

At 6 weeks I can exercise - which I did this morning! I took it easy and did 20 light minutes on the eliptical machine, but it was enough to break a sweat. I'm declaring today the first day of my post-partum makeover.

Along with my impressive 20 minute workout (yes, you read sarcasm in that), I chopped off my hair. It wasn't quite enough to donate to Locks of Love, but it was close. I just couldn't wait a minute longer. In fact, I resisted the urge to shave my head. But I do have bangs again. And, if I do say so myself, they are rather cute. The best part about my new haircut is I just put gel in it and let it dry and it looked passable for presentable - which is exactly the look I'm going for.

At 6 weeks I can take a bath - which I plan on doing tonight. Between breast feeding and carrying Ryan around, I believe I am developing a bit of a hunch back. I think I'm going to splurge and get a massage too.

At 6 weeks I can vacuum! (I've never known how to spell that word) This has been driving me crazy. Whenever someone asks what they can do for me, I ask them to vacuum. My mom thinks I need to wait another 2 weeks, but I'm going to sneak it in and see how it goes. What's the big deal with vacuuming (that spelling really can't be right) anyway?

And at 6 weeks, I feel like I'm getting this baby thing. Ryan is still adorable, but dang, he takes a lot of time. I've been working full-time for a few weeks now and feel like I'm getting a system of feeding, laundry, cleaning down.

Here's to another 6 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Six weeks definitely is the "magic" number. ;) Post pics of your new hair-cut.

    ReplyDelete