Wednesday, November 10, 2010

blessing baby

There is something special about blessing a baby. As my sister Janelle put it, it's like the culmination of all activies that come with having a baby and seems like the climax to the newborn era. Is that too dramatic? That's how it felt.

Mom and dad were here which is always a fun and special time. I love seeing my parents hold and play with Ryan. Since Tony's parents have long passed away, they are Ryan's only grandparents. And he's very lucky to have such wonderful people in his life. But I'll save my thoughts for another posting.

Anyway, it was a busy weekend getting ready. As usual, mom cooked up a feast but she did it in between Brixen's soccer games, family parties and cuddling time with Ryan. We had potato soup, amazing chicken soup, taco soup, a beautiful salad, chicken salad, a delicious pumpkin dessert with cream cheese frosting, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. And she opted not to make her apple dessert because we had so many leftovers from the family party the night before. Seriously, that woman is amazing.

So many people came for Ryan's blessing. We were blessed with good family on both sides. Tony's brother Chris, Tom's wife Lucy and daughter Annie, and dear, sweet Aunt Daphne. Cousins Laurel and Wallace, Diana, Becky and Patience and David. My family on both the Mano and Inouye sides were there as well. We had almost 40 people over at our house!

Tony's blessing was absolutely beautiful. We'll see if we can get him to write about both the blessing and his testimony. I know I won't be able to do him justice.

So thanks to mom and dad for a beautiful weekend. Thanks to my dear family for all the love and support. And thanks to Ryan for blessing our lives in ways we never dreamt possible.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Nat. It sounds like it was a very special day for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cute baby! I'm so happy for you two! (three!) :)

    ReplyDelete