Friday, November 5, 2010

from newborn to infant


I subscribe to a baby website that sends me emails about baby development, solutions for baby situations, etc. The other day the email told me that my 3 month old baby is no longer a newborn and is now just an infant. I was actually shocked when I read that. For some reason I think I thought MY baby was different than the millions of other babies out there. For some reason I thought that MY baby would stay cute and adorable and 9 pounds forever. For some reason I thought MY baby would never grow up.


Actually, I knew he would, but I didn't realize it would happen so fast. Even though someone tells me so at least once a day. Enjoy it - they grow up so fast.


But growing up he is. I dressed him in his first 3 month outfit the other day and it fit. He's rolling over, smiling and giggling. He's gained a bunch of weight and is a regular chubby baby - complete with double chin. And even though he's no longer a newborn, Ryan at 3 months is still so, so cute.

It's a good thing he's going to be 3 months forever.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Nat - he really is adorable. And since I don't see pictures of him everyday, when you post new ones there is a huge diffence every time in his growth. And sadly, yes, they do grow up but each stage is just as fun as the last one until they reach about 12 - but that passes too. ;)

    ReplyDelete