Tuesday, June 12, 2012

a rambling post about coming home

I was determined not to write another post about traveling.  Honestly, I was just tired of being tired of traveling and I couldn't bring myself to write about it.  So that's why I haven't written anything lately.  Because I've been traveling.  And I couldn't think about much else to write about because I was so dang lonely in my company apartment in High Point, North Carolina all by myself last weekend.  Yes, weekend.

So instead of writing about traveling, I decided to write about sheets.  You see, I'm a sucker for clean sheets.  Back when I was single, I would always change my sheets when I went on a trip so I could come home and sleep in my own bed, in my own sheets which were always fresh and clean.  Even after two week trips, they would miraculously hold that freshly laundered smell.

One of the great benefits of working in the wholesale business is us wholesale people sell to other wholesale people at wholesale prices.  So when I go to the New York Gift Fair, I could buy fancy wares at wholesale prices (well, back when I had money I could!).  Most of the time it was something nice for my mom or sisters, but once in a while I would splurge.  REALLY splurge.

One such splurge was on sheets.  I probably shouldn't name names, but Peacock Alley are my favorite sheets.  They feel like butter to me.  Soft butter.  And I may or may not have 3 sets of them.

Shortly after Tony and I got married, I found myself in a bit of a conundrum.  Since Tony would be sleeping in my bed while I was away, how would I come home to clean sheets unless I asked Tony to change them on the day I came home?  That seemed a bit demanding and high maintenance which is strictly against my code.

I can't even remember how I mentioned it, but I'm sure it was in a very sly manner and not demanding at all, but I shared my love of clean sheets with Tony and behold....I have had clean sheets EVERY time I have come home from a trip.  I think the only time I haven't come home to clean sheets is on that aforementioned one-day trip to Las Vegas.

What a husband huh?

And did I mention that he does 98% of the laundry anyway? 

Well, to top things off, a few weeks ago I returned home in the evening on Saturday, May 12th - the evening before Mother's Day. In addition to clean sheets, I now have something else upon which to recline horizontally.


See that lovely hammock?  One of the best Mother's Days gifts ever.

Actually, I'm not even sure if I've shown our new deck.  Lovely don't you think?  And that picture of the mountains at the beginning of this post?  That would be our view to the left.  To the right would be the valley.  Yep.  It's that great.

So if you happen to drop by and we don't answer our door, we're probably out back.

No comments:

Post a Comment