Thursday, August 2, 2012

The California Mano's

Last week the whole family came to town.  The big event was Koki's (see earlier post if you don't know who that is) birthday.  It was a big one (the big 4-0) and since he is usually in Hawaii, we took the opportunity to celebrate with him since he's now a "local".  Mom & dad came from California, Gary, Racquel and Baby Regan (who is darling) came from San Jose and Melissa came all the way from Hawaii.


It was a whirlwind weekend and we had so many activites packed in that we didn't spend a whole lot of time together with just the family, but nevertheless, we were all within the general vicinity of each other.

On Friday we all went to Snowbird.  I've actually never been to Snowbird in the summer - since the name infers that it is a winter destination.  But there are quite a few fun activities!

Our favorite was the Alpine Slide.  I intentially rode in front of Ryan and Tony so I could take pictures, but alas, I was not fast enough so I only got the beginning and end points.  Tony said Ryan loved it and yelled "wheeee!" all the way down.

Another honerable mention has to be the mechanical bull.  I would post the video of Tony, but then that would open myself up to him posting the video of me.  However can I just say that I lasted at least EIGHT seconds?

So happy birthday Brian.  We love you and are so happy that you are here in Utah!

No comments:

Post a Comment