Tuesday, October 1, 2013

surgery



Anna in her hospital pj's
Tony and I are sitting in the waiting room while little Anna has tubes put in her ears and then has her cleft palate repaired.  We are at Primary Children's Hospital and are fortunate to have some of the best medical care in the world.  I've been in Peru assisting doctors and dentists as they cared for the very poor who don't have medical and dental care and I know how fortunate we are.  And I am grateful.


Waiting room fish tank!
But still, it broke my heart when they carried her away.  And a few minutes ago, Tony looked at me and said, our little girl is under the knife right now.  Not what a mommy wants to hear.

They said her surgery will be about 4 hours.  And they said that she will be pretty grumpy today.  I'll be staying overnight with her in the hospital so sounds like it will be great fun.  She hasn't eaten anything since dinner last night and hasn't had any liquids since 9am this morning (they took her at about 1:30pm) so she was pretty grumpy to begin with!
 




The pre-op room had great toys!
The saddest part of all will be she is going to have arm braces on both arms so she can't bend her arms and touch her mouth.  And she will have those arm braces on for TWO weeks.  Shortly after she gets those braces off, her mommy will be traveling and so she is going to feel abandoned for a week (hopefully Skype will help alleviate that abandonment feeling).

So if you feel so inclined  to keep praying for our little Anna, we would be so appreciative!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Sending prayers out west for Anna, et al. Hope surgery went well, and praying for a speedy recovery. --The Duggan Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog! I am adopting a little boy with Down syndrome who is from Anyang! He was transferred to Little Flower at 2 weeks of age and had heart surgery. He was recently called back to Anyang SWI :'( Anyway, I read a few of your posts and it seems as though you live in Utah! I live in Salt Lake! I'd love to be in touch! My email address is whitneybarrus@yahoo.com and I'm on Facebook as well. Hope we can connect!! Thanks! -Whitney Stephens

    ReplyDelete