Tuesday, October 29, 2013

two months with Anna



Anna on Gotcha Day with a look of absolute terror on her face.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We're coming up on two months since we've had Anna and last night I was thinking how far she has come.  The day we received her, she was absolute terrified but what 18 month old wouldn't be?  It was heart breaking to see the scared look on her face.  But just a few days later, she had already adjusted to the idea that I was her mommy.  I was actually amazed at how quickly she became attached to me.  But, the attachment was only to me - she wouldn't go to anyone else and even if Tony was pushing her stroller, she had to hold my hand while I walked beside her.
 


Joy's favorite picture of us - like mother like daughter.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She would cry and cry if I even went to take a shower or walked away from her.  And she has a temper - tantrums are her specialty.  When we brought her home, she would still need to be in VERY close proximity to me and often needed to be touching me.  She would rub her lip and nose in a soothing habit whenever she was sad, mad, scared or even tired.



Anna attached to me as I worked...and rubbing her lip.

 

 
She still gets pretty grumpy at times like the time when we were in China and she wouldn't put her legs in the seat and sit in her stroller so I just kind of dumped her on top.  She just scowled. 


Miss Grumpy didn't want to sit in her stroller.
She still has her tantrums (she had the biggest fit today that I've ever seen - I'm hoping the anger dissipates by her teens!) but she is becoming much more adjusted to our family life. 
 
She loves Tony and in spite of the constant battle over toys, she adores Ryan.  And I noticed that she doesn't have fits if we leave the room, she can wander around the house without us being in the vicinity and she also doesn't rub her lip like she used to do - her soothing habit.  It may be the arm braces that broke that habit, but in any event, that need for constant soothing when she is distressed is gone.
 
She is developing a funny little personality too.  We catch her dancing to music and she loves to play and be teased.
 
So I'd say not bad for a mere two months, not bad.  I'd say we're past the attachment issues and are just working on boundaries oh, and that little temper of hers!

No comments:

Post a Comment