Tuesday, January 25, 2011

resolved?

It's nearly February and I haven't even thought about a single New Years Resolution. Not even one. And that's not like me. I LOVE this time of year - the renewal thing and all.

Maybe it's because last year we decided to begin the foster adoption process and look how that turned out. I'm not saying it was bad or anything, it was just about as different as could be expected.

But since it is nearly February, I've decided it's time to start thinking about the new year...at least the next 11 months.

I'm flying to New York tomorrow morning so thought I'd take the time to reflect on what I need and what I want and to see if I can tell the difference between the two.

I did see a little video on a "Time Out for Women" advertisement asking women to think about the possibilities of the year. The theme is "Choose to Become".

So that's what I'll be pondering until I return...what I should choose to become. The tricky thing for me is always what comes after I choose to become. It's the "How to Become" part that I get stuck on. Again, referring to a year ago, I chose to become a foster adoption mom, but got confused on the process and become an actual mom. Not that I'm complaining, but it's a pretty significant difference in outcome.

And that is what scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment