Wednesday, July 13, 2011

backyard picnics


It's been a wonderful eight weeks home with Tony and Ryan. I knew my travel-less days would come to an end and I've been dreading it. DREADING.


But I've been spending every possible minute hugging, kissing and playing with my cute little boy. It's been wonderful.


Yesterday we had a picnic in our backyard. Ryan doesn't like the feel of grass so I knew he would be a willing captive on a big blanket on the lawn. Equipped with his favorite book, a binkie, bottle and Cheerios, we lounged on the blanket for a couple of hours. It was the perfect temperature - warm with a cool breeze. And every time the wind blew, Ryan would stop and listen and look at the leaves with wonder. It was lovely seeing the miracle of nature through his eyes.


I was even able to convince my wiggly boy to lay on his back and look up - although it took several attempts. But once he saw the sky through the tree he was captivated....for about a minute. And then he started wiggling again.


It was one of my favorite memories of these past weeks. Tickling Ryan, reading to him, cuddling with him in the warmth of the sun.


In one of his calmer moments I told him that I was going on another trip but that I would be back in a week. And then we would have more picnics. Many, many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment