Friday, July 15, 2011

I have a toddler?

In a few short weeks, our little baby will be ONE. How he became a year older while I didn't age at all is beyond me, but there it is.

I've been asked more than a few times if I'm having a party for Ryan's big day and when I reply "no" and that Tony and I are planning on taking the day off and spending it with Ryan - just the three of us at the zoo, they say, are you at least going to have a cake? Well, actually, the only one who asked about the cake was my sister, but still...

Again, my answer is no. Tony and I are off sugar and I'm sure not going to start the first day of Ryan's second year with sugar that I can't have. So, no. We aren't even having a cake.

Does not having a first birthday party and a birthday cake make me a mean parent? How about a weird one?

If the answers are yes, I guess I can live with that.

Afterall, I'm the one who got married without a wedding dress, cake or flowers. And who does that??

The same mom who doesn't throw a big party for her first-born son.

But all I really want to do that day is spend the day with Tony and Ryan - just the three of us. Unless of course anyone wants to join us for some cake-less celebratory fun, in which case, you are cordially invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment