Friday, March 25, 2011

flashback friday

This really isn't much of a flashback as it just happened a week ago, but it's one of those classic embarrassing moments, that I really shouldn't share, but am going to anyway.

It was Sunday morning and Tony and I were proud that we were up early. Well, Tony always gets up around 6am or so. Me...the time I rise from bed depends on a number of factors that I won't bore you with. But on this Sunday we were both up early, we enjoyed breakfast together and we were going to be on time to our 9am church (not early, but right on time).

It was ward conference and as we entered the building, I heard our Stake President talking - I thought it was a bit odd, but thought maybe he had some announcement or something. We sat down on our usual back row but it was really crowded. We were squished together and I needed some space so I looked around for another seat - which I found several rows ahead.

So we got up and moved about ten rows up, got settled in our seats and heard the speaker mention Daylight Savings Time!! Tony and I immediately looked at each other with wide eyes and a face that says "ohmygoshweforgotdaylightsavingstime!!"

The thing is, everyone around us saw my face as I was turned towards the rest of the congregation. People around us patted us on the back and said things like "impeccable timing!"

The sequence of events couldn't have been timed better if we tried. To make matters worse, we had to leave after Sacrament Meeting because I had to fly to NC. So all in all, we attended about 10 minutes of church.

Which, for all the embarrassment, was quite enough for me.

Frankly, I like forgetting about Daylight Savings in the fall much better. Tony and I did that a couple of years ago and instead of walking into church an hour late, we arrived an hour early and walked into an empty building.

(We may or may not have just skipped and gone out for breakfast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment