Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I bet you don't have one of these in your baby's room...


We had a doozy of a weekend.

First, Tony threw his back out. Doing what you ask? Standing. He was carrying Ryan in the carseat and if you've ever carried one of those, you know how awkward it is. Still, he was just standing.

Second, Ryan caught his fourth cold of his short 7.5 month life. And this is a bad one. He had a 100.5 fever over the weekend and woke up about every 20 minutes during the night. We had him sleeping with us (more on that later...) which meant we were waking up every 20 minutes. On Sunday I had to play for the choir in church which left a gimpy Tony who couldn't really pick up a sick baby at home. And just for fun, Ryan threw up on me five FIVE times yesterday.

Third, we had a pipe burst in our crawl space under our house. Saturday monring around 10am I heard a hissing sound in my office. It sounded like water which is not a sound you want to hear inside your house. Long story short, we had a burst pipe (a bushing to be exact) and we had a small pool underneath my office. This is one time I was glad we don't have a basement.
The rest of the day was spent working with plumbers and flood restoration crews to make sure we don't have a mold situation on our newly reconstructed house (which would be bad. very bad.).
So now we have a big ole tube extending from our crawspace opening in Ryan's room to Ryan's window. Which is why he is now sleeping in our room.
How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. haha, and your next vacation is *when*? poor things.

    careful with the baby sleeping in your bed; we let keo sleep with us the first, oh, 26 months or so ;) and now it feels weird to not have him in our bed...

    hope your house is ok! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our house is back to normal now. It took the floor response team 3 days to dry everything out. It took me 5 days to get Ryan's room back in order!

    Ryan actually slept with us from about month 2 to month 6. Once in a while I miss snuggling with him, but after this past week, I think I'm cured!

    ReplyDelete