Monday, March 21, 2011

people we love...Aunt Daphne


It only took me about five minutes after meeting Aunt Daphne for the first time to understand that this was one incredibly special lady. Aunt Daphne is Tony's dad's sister. And since Tony's parents have both passed away, I feel like Aunt Daphne is the closest I'll ever be to having a mother-in-law in this life.

She's something like 92 years old and about this time every year, she gets really anxious for the winter thaw so she can get out and work in her garden. In my book she she has just the right amount of spunk - she'll tell you what she thinks and is lovingly honest.
Most of all, I love to hear her talk about Tony's parents - she has such love in her voice when she talks about them. She misses them dearly and you can tell when she looks at Tony that she sees her brother in Tony's face.
Dear, sweet Aunt Daphne...we love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment