Monday, June 27, 2011

25 pounds and excuse #2

How do you lose 25 pounds since the beginning of the year and still weigh the same?

If you're me, you lose 2-3 pounds, gain back those same pounds on your next business trip, come home and lose the same 2-3 pounds and repeat over and over and over. One of my biggest and best (and most valid) excuses is it's hard to lose weight and stay in shape when you travel as much as I do.

I've gone on about 9 business trips this year and between every trip I lose a few pounds. And then I go on a trip and gain a couple of pounds because I have to eat out everyday.

And yes, it is very discouraging.

But now that I've been home for five weeks (hallelujah), and don't have the travel excuse to fall back on, I thought I'd check in on my 28-day fitness program. I've been at it just over 3 weeks and I've lost 4 pounds thank you very much.

It hasn't been without its ups and downs though. Besides the popcorn debacle, I have Tony losing weight like there's no tomorrow which is a bit depressing at times and if I even look at a potato, I gain a pound.

But I HAVE been exercising. And I have been eating healthy. And I have been doing everything except wearing my bodybugg - too much chafing!

So I'm going to pat myself on the back and keep on keeping on. I love hearing stories like my friend Layne who's lost over 50 pounds (great job!) - talk about inspiring!

But I'm also at my weight wall. I get to a certain point and it's like I hit a wall. I get to that dang number and dance all around it but I just haven't been able to get past it. So I'm determined to bust through that wall if it kills me this week (which it just might).

So I'll check back in a few days when I've blasted through. In the meantime, gotta go work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment