Friday, June 3, 2011

28 days

A friend of mine (she's actually kinda famous in Utah) has a great blog where she wrote about her trip to the Biggest Loser Ranch in Southern Utah. It's been awhile since she's been home and she has her good days and bad days like so many of us.

Recently, she made a goal to run a half-marathon in 4 weeks. So she made a commitment for those 4 weeks like giving up ice cream for those 4 weeks, counting her calories, sticking to her training schedule, etc.

At the end of the posting that you can read here, she wrote:

It's just for 28 days.
I can do anything for 28 days.
Right?
Right.
Wish me luck.

What one thing do YOU want to commit to do for 28 days?
Come on.
Do it with me.

So, here is my 28 day commitment....For 28 days, I will:

* journal the food / calories I eat each day (maybe I'll even post it kinda like FatCyclist's weight)
* exercise at least 6 times a week
* consume NO sugar (well 15 grams a day at most)
* drink lots and lots of water
* resurrect the BodyBugg
* lose 8 pounds

I plan on being in town for 28 days so I don't have the travel excuse.

And so I repeat Laurel's words:

It's just for 28 days.
I can do anything for 28 days.
Right?
Right.
Wish me luck.

What one thing do YOU want to commit to do for 28 days?
Come on.
Do it with me.

1 comment:

  1. When I started losing weight this year, I used http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ for counting calories and recording exercise. I really liked it, they have an app, and I'm pretty sure it was free. Thought I might share. I've been really bad at doing it lately, and as a result I've been gaining my weight back. Maybe I'll do this with you too. I did really good before because I was in a competition with some friends, but now I have no motivation.

    ReplyDelete