Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer and the Farmer's Market



Every year I wait all winter long for the Salt Lake Farmer's Market to open. To me, it means the long Utah winter is over and summer is finally, finally here.



It seems like every winter since I've moved to Utah is an "unusually bad winter". I may not know a "normal Utah winter", but I do know Utah's summers and I LOVE them. It gets pretty hot in California - we have our share of 80 and 90 degree days, but it almost always cools off in the evenings. You just can't beat Utah's hot summer nights.



Last Saturday we bought our favorite Salsa Verde, a loaf of bread from the Crumb Brothers and added two members to our family - a basil plant and a tomato plant. We are not plant people so the best of luck to those two.


If you're a Farmers Marketer, let me know...we can meet up for a yummy mint limeade!

No comments:

Post a Comment