Friday, June 10, 2011

I've been mad at Tony this week (Day 8)

It's just unfair that men lose weight so much easier than women.

The above statement is one of my excuses that I pull out whenever I need it. But it's true in our household. Tony and I started our 28 day health and fitness commitment and he's lost 4 pounds. FOUR.

I've lost 1.5 pounds which I should be really proud of, but I want Biggest Loser results people.

And that 1.5 pounds? It didn't come easily. The first few days I was dropping about a 1/2 pound a day and I was feeling GREAT. And then came the popcorn debacle. The next day I was up TWO pounds. It came off again, but I was discouraged. Really discouraged. And I was mad at Tony because he 1) lost 4 pounds and 2) he bought the popcorn.

But I'm going to celebrate my 1.5 pounds today. And I'm going to brag, so get ready:

Since starting this 28-day adventure, I've...

* burned more calories than I've consumed - everyday including popcorn day.

* exercised everyday except last Sunday which was a planned day of rest.

* consumed trace amounts of sugar - less than 15 grams a day.

* been drinking lots and lots of water.

* been wearing my BodyBugg and food journaling.

So congratulations to me for 1.5 pounds lost. I feel great, my workouts are getting tougher each day and I'm proud of myself.

How are you doing?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Natalie! This is awesome. I hear you! Rich can drop it without trying! I started on November 1st, the day after Halloween, which I ate 10,000 mini candy bars without stopping to breathe in between. That was it....NO more. I don't eat sugar anymore (unless it catches me off guard...like the popcorn) and cut out all other white stuff. It's been 7.5 months now and I'm at 52 pounds. I've still got about 52 more to go. I wish for biggest loser results too, as this 52 pounds has felt like FOREVER to come off, but at least it's off. I tried to carry 52 pounds of weights in a tote bag and couldn't do it. I realized how much that was. It was heavy!!! WTG and keep up the fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete