Sunday, August 29, 2010

the best gift...

We'd been told several times that once a preemie gets the eating thing, he really gets it and takes off. That is exactly the case here. We went from "probably another week or two" on Thursday to....GOING HOME TODAY!!

Here's a hilarious picture from yesterday...the first time I've EVER seen Ryan without any tubes or needles in him. And I have to say, he is the cutest baby I've ever had :)

You know the excitement and anticipation you felt as a kid on Christmas Eve? Well last night felt like every Christmas Eve in my entire life all rolled into one. I can't even tell you how excited, relieved, happy (and a bit nervous) we are. We put his bassinet next to my side of our bed last night and I kept waking up and imagining him right beside me (we decided since he's a little preemie, his nursery is too far away right now).

Thanks everyone for your support on this wild ride. In the end, it was worth every minute!

Love to all,

Natalie, Tony and Baby Ryan
PS: today is our 2nd wedding anniversary....bringing home Ryan is the best gift ever!
PPS: I love that the little baby counter says 19 days still!

5 comments:

  1. YEA! He is adorable and looks excited in the picture like he's saying "Really?! I get to go home with you?!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!!! Prayers answered. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! I just got home yesterday and wanted to see how baby Ryan was doing. I jumped out of my chair and yelled, "YES!!" I'm so happy for you guys and wish you all the best with your beautiful baby boy. God bless you!
    -Markus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary! I am so happy for you all. Have fun and I totally understand about wanting the baby RIGHT next to your bed. It just makes you feel a little better than leaving them in a big, empty nursery all by themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie and Tony,

    That is the best news! We're so happy for you and Baby Ryan! He definitely has the best parents.

    I'll send you some update pictures of the boys. You won't believe how much they've grown.

    ReplyDelete