Monday, August 23, 2010

one preemie baby step forward...


a quick weekend update...

Ryan is doing better with nursing although he still has a long way to go. They say that once preemie babies "get it", they take off. So that is what we're hoping for.

The exciting news is he took two bottles a couple of nights ago. Since he's doing ok with nursing, we felt it was ok to start him on a bottle without too much confusion. He took one full bottle and the second feeding was all but 7 ml. I have yet to breast feed him since then so we'll see how he does with the confusion thing.

Lastly, Saturday night I had some kind of strange fever in the middle of the night. I had the chills, then a fever, then body aches. I think I might have an infection somewhere among all the things that happened to me over the past weeks. So yesterday (Sunday) I decided not to go to the hospital which absolutely broke my heart. The only good thing was it was Sunday so Tony spent most of the day with Ryan and was able to try bottle feeding him for the first time. It didn't work out so well, but they had a great time anyway.

I'm feeling better - no fever. So I'm hoping to go to the hospital today.

1 comment:

  1. Hope little Ryan is doing well, and you too!

    Keeping your family in my prayers.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete