Thursday, August 5, 2010

this baby is full of surprises....

the biggest surprise is he arrived yesterday morning! I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

I have much more to write, but am feeling extremely tired, so will write more later. For now, the basic stuff:

I started having contractions around 6am yesterday morning (August 4th). At 10:18 am, our little boy was born. It happened SO fast. We ended up having an emergency C section because his heart rate dropped. And as it turned out, the cord was wrapped around his neck, not just once but 3 times. They whisked me off to do the C-Section and it was a whirl of activity.

Tony was with me the whole time and he was amazing. He's a very proud daddy.

Lots more to come, but for now....

- no name yet (suggestions are welcome)
- baby is doing great - no oxygen needed, but he isn't able to eat on his own yet.
- both my mom and Tony were with me in Labor and Delivery. Tony was with me during the C section.
- oh yeah - the good stuff: 4 pounds 12 ounces - not bad for a little preemie. He's already in the 75th percentile for height and weight.
- height: 18 inches
- we're obviously VERY biased, but he is adorable!
- my only regret - I wasn't able to see Tony hold our little boy for the first time. But I DID see him in my minds eye. He was emotional and you could see his heart was full of love for his little boy.

Lots of love to you all!
Natalie, Tony and Baby Smart

1 comment: