Monday, August 2, 2010

so far, so good....


these are just a couple of random pictures of me pregnant - I'm told by not a few people that I need to post picture of me pregnant - so here they are. Tony and I spent the 4th of July holiday in Monterey and at my parents house in CA - our last fling before becoming a family of three.
So I'm still in the hospital - day ELEVEN and I've only been out of my bed to go to the bathroom and a wheelchair ride here and there.
I'm not going as crazy as much as I thought I would - I have work to do, projects to crochet (thanks again Robin!), and have had a few visitors.
No change in the plans - I'm still scheduled for delivery on Friday when they will induce me. Baby Smart is doing great - I'm doing great albeit a bit tired of this hospital bed...
Mom and dad have been here quite a bit. Dad goes home tonight and mom is going to stay until the baby is born.
We took a tour of the NICU and the NICU nurse seemed optimistic that if our baby goes there, it might be just a short time - we're hoping for that.
Tony and I also went to church here in the hospital - it was a 30 minute service which we loved, both for the length of time and the Spirit was there. I was actually overwhelmed as soon as Tony wheeled me into the room - the Spirit was so strong. So many people over the past week or so have been telling me they are praying for me. It was like I entered that room and could literally feel all the prayers being said for us. When my mom had cancer, she said she could feel the prayers being said on her behalf. I finally really understood what she meant. Like I said, it was a short service - which was good, because I probably would have become dehydrated for all the tears I shed. More than anything, I know that the power of prayer is real.
Later in the day, dad, Tony and Trent gave me another blessing. Since Tony already gave me a blessing when I first came to the hospital, he asked dad to say the blessing. It's been awhile since I've had a Father's Blessing and it was wonderful. I love my dad and I love my parents.
And then Sunday evening the Sirstins Family came to see us and they were great fun and great energy. Dana and McCall brought cards and letters from the YW that totally made me cry - I miss those girls!
All in all, we're doing well. Looking forward to another boring day (boring is the goal around here).
Natalie and Baby Smart

1 comment:

  1. You look so good pregnant! Nothing better than feeling a baby growing (and kicking and moving) inside of you. ;)

    ReplyDelete